Tuesday, July 10, 2012

~Vacations~

Alright, so next, I would like to update you on the different big and small vacations I have been on in the last 6 months.
 So in Feb, Nick and I did a little mini vaca for 4 days to Jackson Hole to just get away and relax. It was fun because my sister and her friend went up at the same time, so one day we hung out with them, making dinner together and doing the Elk Sleigh ride. It was a fun little get away and we had a really good time. In March, the 14-17, I went on a little girls trip with my mom and sister for her spring break to San Fransisco. It did end up raining pretty much the entire time, but we still had a blast. We went to Alcatraz of course, and because my grandpa was a dentist there in the 60's, we got a tour of parts that they no longer show to the public anymore, such as the dental lab. It was so amazing to see where my grandpa actually worked for a few years. So cool! :D We also visited Haight-Ashbury street which is famous for hippy stuff in the 60's and went to Ghiradelli for ice cream. Though it wasn't a super long trip, I had a blast getting to spend time with just my mom and my sister. I don't see my sis as often now that I'm married and she is in college, so it was really fun. Now, though this wasn't a trip, I do wanna mention that on March 24, I went to the Holi Festival of Color for the 2nd time, with Nick, and his mom Kathy. It was a blast! I love getting covered in all those beautiful colors and watching it all go up in a huge cloud at the same time. It it so cool, and just a really fun thing to experience.
 Lastly, but definitely not least, my family (except my dear padre, who worked) went to Cali and Disneyland July 1-8. We go every year with my mom's side of the family, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and Grandparents. It is so much fun! I like to think of it as a little family reunion we have every year, though we see them other times in the year too. lol. We left the evening of June 31 (we drove down, stopping for the night in Vegas), spent 3 1/2 awesome days going to the beach, LA (where I found and took pictures of the Charmed house!, which was a fav TV show of mine if you didn't know), and Universal studios, then spent Thurs, Fri, and Sat at Disneyland, though Fri we just did half a day at Disneyland and then went to the beach again, which was awesome. I will never ever get sick of Disneyland and had such a fun time hanging out with my family there. We all got along really well and had a really fun time with one another. It was a really nice trip. :) Sunday the 8th was pretty much driving straight home. Haha...that was quite the long drive. Wasn't terrible to me though; Nick and I rode with my mom and brothers, so there were plenty of people to talk to and watch DVDs with if you weren't the one driving. ;) The trip definitely flew by way too fast, and I am already looking forward to next year. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers