Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Life as of now. :)

So now that I have you all caught up on our house, Nick, and the trips we have taken, I will just do a small update post on life now and the day to day type things. :) First, Nick and I are going to be and Aunt and Uncle again! We found out the end of May that Nick's sister Amber is expecting.  Now though this is very unexpected, she seems excited about it and we are happy for her and supportive.  She is about 12 weeks along this week, and so will probably be due about Jan/Feb. Should be fun to have a new baby in the family. :) Job wise, Nick is still working as a mechanic at his dad's shop Quick Lube and I still work for my dad as well as part time as my uncle's New Balance shoe store. That dynamic is changing a little though, because on July 5 one of my dad's chair-side assistants left us and moved to California. This means that instead of being even on my days at Spurrier Orthodontics and NB, I now work full time at my dad's, which us Mon - Thurs, and then just the weekends at NB. I will still be as busy as ever, lol, but I am excited to finally be full time at my dad's after graduating from college in 2010, which is was I have wanted. Though I do like NB too, which is why I am staying weekends there for now.
  So, now that we have our house pretty much finished, we are having fun finding things to fill it. We finally got couches for the upstairs entertainment room, that we could actually fit up our low, tight stairway. We sadly do not have a new bedroom set like we thought, because the beautiful one that Nick found for us on KSL, is to tall to fit up our stairs, so we have to continue using my old one for now and continue looking. His brother really loves the bedroom set we bought though, so we are going to sell it to him, which works out since we can't use it. We had a TV as well for the downstairs, but the brightness was fading in and out, so we had to take it back and are going to find a new one, we just didn't have time before the Cali trip. It is so much fun watching our house come together. :)
 That is pretty much our life right now, just work and our house. We are pretty busy, but we do try to make time for friends as well. We have a real great group of friends that we love hanging out with, and its even more fun now because we are all married now. ;D On May 10, Nick and I have been married for 1 1/2 years and I can't believe we are so close to 2 years now! Time has flown and I am loving every minute of it! I can't wait to see where the next year and a half take us! It has been a wonderful adventure. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers